It’s been a few days since I’ve had a chance to do some work on this, I had to pack it all away as my fiancé had the audacity to want a birthday party! At least there was plenty of cake to make up for the loss of sewing.
My intention is to get my frock finished this week depending on work and barring potentially disastrous attempts at putting a zip in (another new experience for me).
So here is the finished bodice section. It looks very pro, though I do say so myself. I decided not to do a contrast colour for the waistband as I’m quite short (5’1″) and felt with a colour band splitting the dress in two it would make me look even shorter if that’s possible! I did have to recut all the waistband pieces (I refuse to call it midriff like the pattern insists) and then I put the interfacing on the wrong ones but I was able to just peel that off and redo it. I also got into a bit of a mess trying to remove all the basting stitches. It didn’t say in the pattern to remove them, so I didn’t. I’m guessing you take them out after you have stitched that particular bit, noted for next time.
I love circle skirts! The pattern didn’t have the skirt section lined but I wanted to carry the lining fabric down for some contrast when I spin around and around (which I fully intend to do when it’s done). I just made a second skirt from the lining fabric and put it inside the main fabric skirt with wrong sides together so there are no visible raw seams.
I’m very excited about the prospect of finishing my frock. So let’s go do it!